Frequently Asked Questions
The target audience of the Hackathon are young people enrolled in Italian and foreign schools and coming from the following fields:
c. web/mobile designer
f. data scientist
Regarding the participation of students, they must demonstrate the age of majority (greater than 18 years old) under penalty of exclusion. Participants must be organized in multidisciplinary teams, with both technical and business skilled members. Each team can be composed of a maximum of 5 persons. Participants can register directly as a team (max 5) or as an individual (single), taking the advantage of the “partner search” option made available. The Team ca propose a proposal regarding that cover more than one challenges.
The ANFIA Next Mobility Hackathon has as main goal to collect, share and evaluate all the innovative ideas and projects oriented to develop new ways of understanding the means of transport (car, motorcycle, collective transport, etc..) both from the point of view of design, to be understood as a user experience, and from the technological point of view, understood as the introduction of sensors and / or highly innovative HW / SW systems, facilitating the possible and desirable development with the involvement of ANFIA members and / or sponsors of the initiative. The topics on which the event is focused are about the main trends in the automotive sector, to which we must add new requirements such as those related to health safety issues. Starting points are certainly the topics under the acronym CASE (Connected, Autonomous, Shared and Electric).
Participants will have to submit proposals with significant impact on autonomous and connected driving, interaction on board vehicles both on the design and technology sides, considering as an additional element zero/low emission mobility, therefore not only electrically powered but also hydrogen and hybrid. Participants will have to think in a futuristic perspective, trying to imagine the mobility of the future.
The proposal may also refer to solutions applicable in smart city contexts where micro-mobility solutions are increasingly used for short-range travel.
Each participating Team is responsible for the content of its own Project and everything related to it, including documentation (such as, by way of example but not limited to, the idea, the business model, the format, the concepts developed, the proposals and solutions presented and / or the result obtained, nothing excluded or excepted), ensuring to be the owner and to claim, as original, all rights of invention as well as those of economic exploitation.
The participating Teams, including the Winning Ones, and so all the individual participants, hereby undertake to transfer for exclusive use to ANFIA Service and/or to third party Associates indicated by ANFIA Service, upon written request by the latter, the development and economic exploitation rights relating to the Project, for an initial period of 6 months starting from the conclusion of the event, waiving as of now to request any consideration and/or to propose any action or exception aimed at contesting, in whole or in part, the ownership and exercise of said rights by ANFIA Service or third parties appointed by ANFIA Service.
The Hackathon is seen as an ethical event; therefore, the Organizer Body requires to its Participants to respect this fundamental and to conform to in every phase of the final event to the following Conduct Code and, in particular, to comply with the Rules, the application format, the event calendar published on the site and the decisions made by the Organizer Body and/or the Jury.
Will be considered violations, according to the unquestionable judgment of the Organizer Body:
- the use of language and/or expressions that are insulting, dirty, offensive, defamatory, incite violence and/or discrimination, invade privacy, are contrary to applicable law or have advertising, political/ideological or religious content;
- the publication, transmission or sharing, in any way, of images, materials and/or contents that are unlawful, harmful, violent, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory and/or libellous and/or that may be considered offensive to decorum, personal dignity or that are vulgar, obscene, invasive of others' privacy, racist, classist, blasphemous, contrary to good taste or public order or otherwise objectionable or suggesting an inappropriate use of the activities taking place in the hackathon;
- the presentation of the projects and/or the use, in any way, of Documentation, contents and/or materials that are not original, by which is meant those that involve the violation of industrial and/or intellectual property rights - including those of use and exploitation of third parties;
- the publishing, transmission or sharing, in any way, whether intentionally or unintentionally, of any material that contains viruses or other code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the operation of third parties software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- modification of data submitted by others;
- the course of operations, whether intentional or unintentional, that affect or compromise the regular functionality or restrict the enjoyment by other users of the Platform, the Site, the services, servers, networks or linked networks, connected or used, even indirectly, by the Platform, the Site, the host structure and/or the Organizer Body;
- the violation, intentionally or unintentionally, of any applicable law or rules;
- cheat or attempt to cheat;
- any other behaviour, dishonest or unauthorized operation that may even potentially negatively affect other Participants or the competition, hinder and / or alter the proper functioning of the prize mechanism or, however, compromise the success and / or the image of the Contest, the Organization and / or, in general, the Organizer Body.
Any violation of the Rules and / or the Conduct Code or behavior from which it can be inferred or presumed, even covertly, an illegal behavior and / or which constitutes a violation of these Rules as well as any irregularity committed before or during the contest will result, as appropriate and based on the unquestionable decision of the Organizer Body, the non-participation, the expulsion or ban of the Participant and / or the withdrawal of any prize already awarded and the removal of any material and / or content that may have already been transmitted or published.
Any complaints will be resolved without appeal by the Organizer Body on the basis of the criteria established by these Rules.
The Technical Scientific and Evaluation Committee is made of experts of the mobility sector coming from ANFIA member companies and from the Academic and the Industrial world.
The TSEC task is to:
- identify and describe the event topics
- support the organization in the management of the event for those activities that refer to technical topics
- identify the most deserving project proposals through an evaluation Jury made by examiners
- from the academic and industrial/business world.
EVALUATION CHART CRITERIA AND POINTS
INNOVATION AND ORIGINALITY LEVEL IN RESPECT TO THE SERVICES
From 30 to 150
FEASIBILITY OF THE BUSINESS IDEA
From 30 to 150
REALIZATION POSSIBILITY AND SHARING ON THE MARKET
From 10 to 50
FEASIBILITY ON DIFFERENT MARKETS
From 20 to 100
POPULAR JURY (it always votes 5)
The Jury should evaluate with a polling from 1 to 5 for each criteria.
The final evaluation will also take into account the preferences expressed by a Popular Jury which can vote directly on the web platform through the reading of the project abstract. This judgment will assign to the most voted proposal 50 bonus points on the final evaluation.
Each participating team will have the opportunity to access to some economic prizes through resources made available by sponsors.
Projects which will obtain a minimum score of 350 points will be eligible for the following prizes:
- Prize 1,000€ (Money) for the third place (minimum 350 points)
- Prize 2,500€ (Money) for the second place (minimum 400 points)
- Prize 5,000€ (Money) for the first classified (minimum 450 points)
In case one or more of the above prizes will be not awarded (second and/or third place), the Organizer Body reserve the right to distribute the prize pool among the selected winning projects. Amounts are inclusive of any tax and/or law charges 1.
The event has not a a physical venue, but everything will be managed in a virtual way using the event website. As for the awarding phase, this will have a public moment with a streaming event on a webex platform that will be communicated later.